To uncover the truth, Max and Christa must win their toughest battle yet.
The battle of hearts between them.
THE RUSSIAN OBSESSION
Foreign Affairs #3
Releasing Feb 21, 2017
Orlova remembers nothing before the night she woke in a Turkish bazaar with two
passports, two governments on her tail, and no memory of her shadowy past.
Armed only with keen wits, survival instincts and mad skills in the research
lab, Christa has three goals. Stay alive. Stay one step ahead of her hunters.
And find a cure for the Ebola bioweapon whose secret is locked in her
brainbox—before it wipes out the human race. Gypsy, loner and wild child, her
first rule of survival is never to trust.
fighter pilot Max Vasylko is a gun-for-hire smuggler who’ll fly contraband
cargo anywhere in the world, no questions asked. But he can’t fly far enough to
forget the wife and daughter who died in an Ebola outbreak. When a bioweapon
from a rogue U.S. program is to blame, Max’s mission turns personal. Find the
scientist responsible for designing the super virus—and make her pay. The last
villain he expects is Christa: a smart, sexy, scrappy survivor in hiking boots
who’s lost her own brother to the virus.
Now Max is
flying high above the African jungle with enemy agents in his six and a sweet
redhead he’ll risk his backside to protect. Christa’s tempted to trust this
hot-as-hell jet jockey with his wildcat courage and Mafia past. But the vaccine
isn’t the only secret locked in her head. To uncover the truth, Max and Christa
must win their toughest battle yet. The battle of hearts between them.
Her Favorite Obsessions:
Meet the Heroine from The Russian Obsession
By Nikki Navarre
I always swore I’d never write an amnesia story. Until I met Christa. The haunted, half-Russian viral engineer/nomad wakes in a Turkish bazaar with two passports, two governments on her tail, and no memory of her dangerous past. Christabel Orlova walked out of some shadowy recess of my psyche right into my heart. And for Max Vasylko, cocky ex-Russian fighter pilot and gun-for-hire smuggler in my sexy spy romance The Russian Obsession, wild child Christa is (as he would say) abso-frigging perfect.
While she hopscotches from hostel to cyber café across Southeast Asia, one step ahead of the scary goons who hunt her, Christa stows a journal in her grungy backpack. And she’s a list freak. I snuck a peek over her shoulder while she scribbled at a bus station in Thailand.
My Top Five Obsessions
1. Cure for Ebola. Talk about obsession. I’m going to design the perfect virus—a vaccine to wipe every known strain of Ebola off the planet. Then donate it to the Red Cross and the World Health Organization so every kid in the world can be vaccinated. Someday.
2. The Bourne Identity. Saw the film on a bus to Phuket and just…can’t…get it out of my head. And it’s not just because, you know, Matt Damon.
3. Speaking of Jason Bourne…HAVE to get my memory back. But I’ve just about given up hoping.
4. Tar-black coffee. Bitter and perfect. Lots of it. Getting three squares a day’s a challenge when you’re basically, um, homeless and broke. High-octane caffeine keeps me fueled.
5. That guy I met running security at the Embassy. With his Superman shoulders and neon blue eyes and, yeah, that sexy grin. No wonder I’m obsessed. Not to mention he saved my life from those terrorists. If Major Max Vasylko ever walked through my door, I’d be in big-league trouble with a capital T…
FOR NIKKI NAVARRE
Playgirl. Author of the Foreign Affairs
Navarre is the
author of the award-winning Foreign
Affairs series and the sinister twin of unsuspecting historical
romance author Laura Navarre. In her
other life, Nikki is a diplomat who’s lived in
Russia and works on weapons of mass destruction issues. In the line of duty, she’s been trapped in an
elevator in a nuclear power plant and has stalked the corridors of facilities
churning out nerve agent and other apocalyptic weapons. In this capacity, she
meets many of the world’s most dangerous men.
Inspired by the perilous realities of her real life, Nikki writes romantic suspense
set in glamorous international locales and laced with political intrigue. From her island compound in the Pacific
Northwest, she divides her time between her writing career and other adventures
for government clients. Her notorious
exploits in the world of diplomacy will get her in trouble one of these days.
Russian Obsession may be the last mistake she
a $50 Amazon Gift Card, or One Print Set of the Foreign Affairs Novels, Books 1 – 3.